Tuesday, March 22, 2011

happy happy girl

Today, when I got to work the first thing my supervisor, Desiree, said to me is "Why are you so happy?"
Cause, people, I am happy.
I attribute it to a couple of things:


I seriously believe there is nothing in this world more refreshing than taking a run. Or a swim. Or a bike ride, or a walk. And I have been doing just those things. Thank you, my lovely roommates who are either triathletes or training for the Ragnar.
Plus, while I run I listen to J. Biebs. Best. Work-Out. Music. Ever. Believe it. Your work out will nevah be the same.


Secondly, I found out where I will be living the next year and a half of my life:















dun dun-dun duuun!



That's right, ladies and gentlemen. "Deep in the heart of Texas" (please believe I hear Hadfield's voice singing that e'ry time I think it. E'ry time.) And it's taken a while, but I am thrilled! I'll be serving in T.H.E. Mission (Texas Houston East). I can't even imagine how rad it's going to be. Which is terrif- the most marvelous things are always unexpected.


(coolie - I just googled "define:tejas" cause I refer to it in my mexicano-speak 90% of the time and check this out: 
Tejas: Sanskrit word meaning fearlessness, valor.Awesome.


And last week I reread Mrs. Dalloway By Virginia Woolf. The most scrumptious, delicious, breathtaking language in the world! It's one of those books that makes you feel like lace and pearls and fresh flowers - instant "classy".
Read it.


Plus, on top of all this sugar, I've been feeling really inspired lately. By quotes and classes and books and all of these sparking people.
Have a taste:
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." - Charles DuBois


See what I'm saying? I'm a happy girl of late. It's bliss. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm glad to hear Mrs. Dalloway is good, because I just bought it from the DI! Congrats on the mission call by the way! You'll be amazing! I'm super excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm more than just a supervisor, I'm a kindred spirit. Secondly, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! The running, but mostly the mission. I'm glad you're happy :)

    ReplyDelete