Friday, September 24, 2010

Meet The Sup-Sup



Hey y'all ( I have been writing y'all wrong for years. ya'll. just p.s.)
Today I will tell you about my good friend Desirée. 
First of all, she taught me how to do the accents over the letters. Vital information. 
Secondly, we were hired to work here at Student Services on the very same day. 2 years ago this December. Holy moly that is a long time ago. In that amount of time, Desirée has gone and gotten hitched, I have gallivanted to England, and we both recognized our true kindred spirit status.

So, first memories of Desirée: Well, December 1, 2008 (New Freshman Priority Deadline, what?? 40 calls in the queue, what??) We began training. Karen Wells was our trainer (poor Karen, it is absolutely not your fault that I almost fell asleep all the time). And Karen tells us "You know, it's funny, but you're always really close with the people you were hired at the same time as." And I'm like, okay, right whatever. Then, we did OneStop (the legit deal, people. As in, Ballroom of the Wilk until 6 pm status), had creepers continually ask if we were sisters or twins, and really actually did become good good friends. 
This is Halloween last year . I am Alladin and Desiree is a ninja-turtle. Donatello? I don't know my turtle stats...

When we came back to work last Fall, there began to be talk of some missionary is some place called Detroit or something named Elder Lara. "Elder Lara is pretty cute" "Yes he is" blah blah blah was our talk for quite some time. Then he came home. We were on pins and needles for a few days (and I mean WE - as in our entire shift) and then he called, and then he visited, and then they kissed, and then they got married. Ha! Just kidding, it was a little slower than that. They got hitched 2 days before I fled the country in Washington, so I couldn't be there. But now we're all back in good old Ptown, livin' the good life in green robes at Student Services.

Desirée seriously is the definition of my kindred spirit. We think the same things are funny, and we can talk about serious things and not serious things. We have commiserated about the fellas (before she abandoned me for the beautiful land of marital bliss - traitor) and commiserated about the office (not that anything is wrong with it. It's actually a great place to work... except it's still work) and celebrated important anniversaries with bubbly and coffee cake. 

Desirée, even if you don't Hike the Y tomorrow morning, you are still one of the best. The cream of the crop, and my twinner soul. Thanks for being there for me, every day from 8-11. You are the best sup-sup in the WORLD. (Oh, yeah we were hired on the same day, remember? She's a supervisor now. Ni-ice one!)

... And though we may be twin souls, we have like... 2.5 pictures together. I have no answers for this. Not a lot of photog in D-155 going on, I guess.

Festival of Colors! Last March. That other one is Justin Lara. The husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment