Friday, November 19, 2010

this is the most important movie you will ever see back up in a library

* I will add pictures when I get home*

I am so tired. It was so worth it. I LOVED it, and I know I said "The sixth one is the best one they've made" and if I say it again about the seventh it is just going to look like I think every one is better than the last... (which, with the exception of the surprisingly terrible third, is kind of true)... but it IS. It's the BEST so far. And I can only assume that it's going to get even freaking cooler.

  • Disappointments (few)
  • They didn't show the sign in front of Lily and James' destroyed house. That is one of my absolute favorite parts of the 7th book and of the series. (someday I'll do a nice fat post about them).
  • Harry and Ginny kissed. Ew. Always ew they are so weirdy.
  • Harry and Hermione kissed semi-nude. EW. Wrong, stupid, unnecessary. Weird. (A Clue to the people who make this stuff up, if it wasn't in the book, do you really feel the need to add it in to the movie? Don't you think the books did well on their own? No, no, I guess you just know better... Everyone in the world hated that part. I guarantee it.)
  • No Dean in the basement of the Malfoy manner.
  • Bill Weasley = not hot.
  • No Wireless radio show with Lee Jordan and the Twins.

  • ... I can't think of the word that is opposite of disappointments right now. But those:
  • The very first scene where Harry, Ron, and Hermione (hereafter referred to as "The Trio") are getting ready - like they know exactly whats coming and how serious it is. LOVED.
  • It was funny! I love when they accentuate the funny. Specific instances:
    •   The polyjuice thing at the very beginning.
    •   The haircut thing.
    •   The Ron/random "wife" kiss thing.
    •   Fred and George are funny I love them - the "Saint-like" part.
    •   Ron. Ron is so funny and so sweet.
  • Ron's "Like hell!" in the Malfoy manner.
  • Similarly, Ron's wipe of Hermione's cheek and his "You're the best with spells, you do it."
  • Hermione's actually believable acting 
    •   Specifically, the being tortured by Bellatrix.
    •   She kind of reminds me of Keira Knightly? 
  • Dobby.
    •   Jenna = bawling when he died. I thought this was really funny. (Jenna, not death).
  • The SUSPENSE. I have read this book, and since I have a crazy memory for books, I remember it well. I still got nervous. Nice work, WB.
  • The fact that they all are better actors - ALL OF THEM. (The Trio)
    •   The yelling scene before  Ron leaves.
  • The amount of direct lines from the books (or... semi-direct)
    •   Ron's "Cause we've never done that before" at the beginning. Funny Ron, you are so funny.
    •   Ron's first line when he comes back "Are - you - mental?!"
  • All the scenes from LONDON
    •   I knew EXACTLY where they were in the theatre district. If you didn't notice, they are walking right by that "Ripley's Believe It or Not" museum.
  • Kreature (specifically the part where he tries to attack Mundungus with a long fork).
  • Creep-tastic Bathilda Bagshot. Niiiiice.
  • The retarded dancing scene. I thought it was going to be way dumb, and it was for the first 5 seconds, but then it was just really funny and sweet. They are best friends and Harry was trying to cheer her up. I loved it.

Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, you may now join Rupert on the "You deserve to be playing this part" team. Bravo. (Except the kiss. You should have protested)

I tried so hard to keep my original pictures in my head and I think I've got most of them. I love Harry Potter! And you stupid idiot kid (basically... the only kid I heartily dislike) are an imbecile for saying "HP 7, not so great" just to get a reaction. My dislike of you increases.

*This is all I can think of at the moment. I may add more. 

3 comments:

  1. jillian. i. love. you. so much. this post gets 5 stars. And let me add some of my favorites.
    1. When they are chased by the snatchers and Hermione whips out a spell behind her back and takes someone out.
    2. when Hermione takes out the man in the bakery
    Can you tell i love hermione? And I am not ashamed of the tearful feelings i expressed at the death of dobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Blast. I commented and it deleted it. I'm not a robot dang it!!
    I will just summarize now. This is good. You are good. I want to see it again now. Maybe even try out 3D now. Except can you imagine how much creepier the Bathilda Bagshot scene will be?!

    ReplyDelete