Monday, November 29, 2010

this holiday...

I will now start to give a Holiday Song of the day. And the song will be in my player. 
Today's song "Last Christmas" by WHAM! This is a great song. Me and Jenna were discussing it's verities last night. It's an upbeat Christmas song with a slightly vindictive and bitter lyric about past loves, that finishes sweetly with hope tinged with, once again, vindictiveness .


Welcome back from your Thanksgiving Holiday travels. I hate coming home from holidays. This holiday was grand. 
My madre came all the way to Provo on Tuesday to get me (because remember how we were going to have the worst storm in 30 years? What a crock.). 
Wednesday night I went to my good friend Erika's house for a small gathering. It was quite fun. 
Thursday was Thanksgiving (hoo-rah!). We spent it in Heber this year. My Grandma Hicken makes the world's best mashed potatoes. And the mashed potatoes happen to be my favorite part of the meal. Bonus.
Friday we went to this crazy little movie theatre downtown and saw 
Which was very good (Sean Penn won me over and Naomi Watts has excellent hair), the political agenda just about slaps you in the face tho. There is no attempt to hide the fact that one side of things is being made the villain. Still a really good movie.
Saturday I went to the game. You know what game I'm talking about. And, though I did wear red I can say, with my fairly level head, that Wynn is the most terrible quarter back I've ever seen at the U and Heaps did a wonderful job. He was great. BYU played better in my opinion. But the U did win. The U had a good 4th, and is channeling the "comeback kids" spirit.
Yesterday I went to church at home. I saw my dearest KellTay. Can't wait to be back with her for the Christmas holiday. Also, it snowed all day in the 84121 yesterday. I want it to be like that forever... until February 15. 
So that was my holiday.
 I want to go sledding.

No comments:

Post a Comment