Friday, November 5, 2010

Haiti

Ten months later, and even though we don't hear about it every day there is still a lot of terrible happening in Haiti. There have been widespread outbreaks of cholera and thousands are still homeless. They're far from "in the clear". Keep them still in your prayers and try to help out however you can.


This is Misthaki Pierre, who lost his mother to cholera on October 29. He is now an orphan.


I am so grateful today for how I have been blessed.


[picture from The Big Picture]

3 comments:

  1. Gilly, we are totally kindred spirits! I swear everything you post is exactly in line with my own thoughts. Exactly!! I saw this specific picture yesterday and thought about it several times throughout the day. I wanted to buy a ticket to Haiti :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this as a reminder. It's so sad what those poor people are going through, especially when their situation beforehand wasn't good either. :( And I miss you too jilly-o! we need to get together when we have a school break or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so weird, I forget that this even happened because we didn't hear much about it while I was gone. Thanks Jin.

    ReplyDelete