Wednesday, April 28, 2010

like london, london, london

I am officially too tired to post much tonight, but I'll put a few pictures up from the day and explain more about them tomorrow.
** so... I fro-ed my hair. on accident. basically i looked like a queen all day long yesterday. but it was okay, because i am in England and I hear they really like queens over here....
We took the TUBE from the airport. How bold are we?
this, plus me, was our DL 40 group. We had a party. Until we got out of the underground and could not find the Center. Totally in the wrong direction, without street signs, and no body knew where "Palace Court" was. Seriously, people, don't you LIVE here?? shouldn't you KNOW what the streets in the one mile radius around you are? But don't worry, we found it. After a prayer. Seriously, we pulled over (we had a caravan of 6.5 50+ lbs suitcases) and said a prayer. Within 3 minutes, bada-bing!

This is the view from the TUBE. How quaint is my new home??
This is a river, from the tube. Notice the sign - they have the greatest signs here. The little stick figures are so much more animated here. It's great. 
This is the view I see when I turn around and look out my window. Rad. 
This is the view from our back patio thing. I am in love with my neighborhood. 
Who is in this picture... Jenny is first and foremost, and Whitney. Back there there is Jared, Mark, Charlie, Stephen, and I think you can see Kate too. There were more of us - we went to see Big Ben. ....
This seriously was so cool. I went cause I was trying to NOT go to sleep and wasn't too excited about the actual site. But, guys, BIG BEN IS WICKED COOL.  My flash made it super dark, but it was light and beautiful. And at nine-o'clock (the same time that Peter and Wendy take off from the clock, I am pretty sure) we were the bridge right next to it looking at the Eye of London (dark picture below, with Jenny again {hey girl!} as well as Ryan and Jared) while it chimed. I already love London. I will blog later about the plane ride maybe cause that was a blast. Gotta go to a meeting now. Hasta luego.
love, from London

3 comments:

  1. :( i really wanted to call you today and then remembered you are gone. it looks like you are having so much fun already. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so homesick for London!!!! It's so fun to look at your pictures because I can tell exactly where you were when you took them! Keep posting so that I can stalk you and live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete