Friday, April 30, 2010

to love another person is to see the face of God

So the last couple of days: whaaaat? They have been crazy. Today was incredible incredible incredible.
here are some pictures:
Mom, this is for you! It's not Holland, but it's beautiful beautiful florals.


So this is a sphynx. It is right next to the 60 foot tall 'Cleopatra's Needle' that was  a gift to england from Mohammed Ali [not that one]. But... there is scaffolding around like 30% of the entire city and the needle happened to be included in that percent. The sphynx was way cooler though, right?
on one of our walks last night we walked down Drury Lane! ... the muffin man had apparently vacated the premises or already gone home for the night so let me just say that it was pretty ... lame... ish.
These are some early weapons found in the Museum of London. The whole time I was there, I thought of you, Jony. I took a thousand pictures for you but they are unfortunately not as cool. You're just going to have to come and see it for yourself, I guess.
From there we walked just down the street to the Cathedral of St. Paul. (as in "feed the birds, tuppence a bag....") and I have awesome pictures from all over the place. see up at the tippy top just below that wonky cross? That is where I was. Yeah. Best view ever. These next pictures are from the top below the top. still cool, just 152 stairs lower.

Okay, now get ready for it. The BEST part of the day ... ready???


 AHHHH!!!!! So good. So, so, SO good. I was giddy. Eponine (Brit's dream role) and Jean Val Jean were phenom. seriously. I leaked a tear... kind of. It was impressive. I can't describe it well enough. 27.50 pounds WELL SPENT.
Carly, Me, and Whitney at Les Mis. I just love these two already.

So that's all i'm going to write tonight. Tomorrow is homework day. fuuuuuun. But with these characters, I'm sure it will be.
See you soon.
love, from London

1 comment:

  1. jillibean!!! oh man oh man i love these pictures. i feel you are having a great time which is very good news!! i love you:) p.s. this is jacque im just on my sisters google account.

    ReplyDelete