Monday, September 26, 2011

hola

Hello family! GUESS WHO I SAW??!??!??!!
Yes. The Tingeys delivered a package to me successfully. It was so incredible to see them! Weird, but so good! Only weird because it was like "oh my gosh. life still goes on. you are kidding me." and they were like "we're going to go call your mom!" and i was like "that is nuts!" But it was fun to see them! They caught my awesome piano skills in action (We have a new district and I happen to be the only one who can sort of play the piano. So I do it a lot, which I'm happy to do, but it doesn't sound awesome sometimes. This was one of those times haha.)
Thank you so much mom for the package! You are literally the best human being on the planet. I am wearing the cute purple shirt and the green skirt. Adorable. Sister Crawford saw me the day I had the blue skirt and shirt on and she loved it! Thank you Dad and James for your letters! You guys are also the BEST!! Who is missing... who is missing... hmmm???
JONNY. On the real, yo. WRITE TO ME. Or else.
Last week was FUN.... but also SO stressful. I feel too new to be in charge of an area. And I don't feel like I'm doing things right. But I will keep trying. Sister Cochran is trying to help me do that. She is so great. We are having a fun time together, I'm just a mental case sometimes, so it's whatever.
James got the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday! I was so happy for him. He also has a job opportunity lined up by someone in the ward. Our ward has really embraced him with open arms. (OH. MY.GOSH. The dude next to me clears his throat every ten seconds. I am going to die.) And I really think that is the key to successful missionary work, getting the ward involved. James would not be where he is now without them. I am so grateful for our ward.
We have another investigator named Adam (young man in his 20s. Seriously?? I swear to you I do not flirt to convert!!) and we asked him to be baptized on October 14. He accepted. He was going to come to church yesterday but bailed last minute. Story of my life. But it's okay, he said he'll come next week.
We did have an investigator at church. He is an odd duck. After sacrament meeting, I asked what he thought and he said "Boring. And the music is lifeless." Then, we had to teach Gospel Principles and he just walked out in the middle of it. And left church. But he said he still wants to meet with us, so we'll go talk to him this week.
It is raining!!!! Like the past two days actual rain has fallen from the sky. AMAZING. I am so happy about it. What else is going on? Just missionary work. I am really trying not to stress out when I don't know what to do. But whenever that happens I feel like I'm being a bad missionary. There really is so much I could be doing better. But I will just always try harder, I guess.
Mom, you asked about me and Sister Cochran. Well. We were totally shocked to be companions. She was excited and I was nervous. I just feel so responsible for the area, you know. And I feel so new and like I'm being scrutinized. President Crawford said he wants us to be leaders, so he is putting us together to make us that way. And I'm excited, but nervous. I do feel competitive with her, but suprise suprise, I feel that with everyone. I am working on it though. And I'm grateful I discovered it. Haha, I forgot to ask Jon Tingey about his murse!! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT A FIRE PIT! I am so excited to use it!!!!!! I hope you are all still roasting smores on a consistant basis. (Talk about an awesome end to a date, boys!!)
Dad, thanks for your letter! I am so glad you are enjoying your new job. I pray for you, and God will help you in your career as well as your spiritual life if we ask him to! Prayer is just so cool. How was your standards night? I hope it was good! I always liked that especially when the topics were interesting. All of yours sounded just awesome. I heard about the BYU-UTAH game! Utah news travels fast to all over the country. I heard it was quite the defeat! did Wynn play the whole time? Where was it? Did you go?
James, thank you for your letter. Your advice is awesome. You sound like you are doing sooooo good and that is great to hear! I am proud ofyou. Brit is living with Ian and Brad?? Wierd! That is cool though. Do you go over there a lot? Thanks for committing Sar to write me :] (SAR???? Do you see this? Are you married? What is going on????) And I remember Jennifer Hansen! She is way nice. How is the Elders Quorum? doi you guys to missionary work, just wondering? This MTC thing is cool. The "Trainers" live with the APs and once a week they have a companionship with a greenie in it come and stay for a few days. They train them on how to do missionary things that probably didn't get attention in the MTC like working with members etc. I have not seen a tarantula, but I DID see a dragon fly that was bigger than my HAND. Literaly. Seriously. It sounded like book pages fluttering when it flapped its wings. I had to run up our stairs for like a week after that encounter. Maybe the tarantulas come out later. Did Matt get them in his apt??? Gross.
Jonny. Seriously. Write me. This is not acceptable. Send me a picture of homecoming. Was it fun? Tell me about how you like American Problems?? or can you talk about it yet? I love the chairman, right? All hail. Hows basketball? Hows seminary? How is LIFE? Seriously, you are way too silent. Write me. Many thanks.
Okay, times almost up. But you should know that I am GIDDY for general conference! AH! I can't WAIT. We have been talking to everyone, sharing President Uchtdorf's message from the ensign and telling them to write down their questions and go to conference listening for the answers. He will answer, I know it. I am so grateful. It is like going to be Christmas - that is how excited I am.
I love you all. Here's some pictures. Horses when tracting (of course) and us in the assistants "transfer hats". haha swiped!
LOVE YOU. Have a good week and know that I am praying for you and am so grateful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment