Tuesday, September 13, 2011

aaand my new companion is...

Sister Cochran.
Not kidding.
Me and Sister Cochran are companions!! AHHH! We are so excited. I am also nervous becuase this means I have got to step it up so much. I want to be so good and we just have so much fun together... but we will work hard. I just need to relax.
Transfers still are the worst. I hate them. Even though I am so excited to be with Sister Cochran, I will miss Sister Lundgren. And Elder Jenkins and Elder Olsen! I love them so much. But I should think about the positives of the situation instead of all the things I'll miss.
So this last week was a good one. It is still drier than a bone down here, which means that everything is dying. Like as in TREES are dying. Crazy. We need rain so badly. It's getting a little cooler, last week was genius - so nice and cool. But yesterday it was 101 again. Sick. I'm so tired of this weather.
We are still working with James, but he is doing very well. We're hoping to start teaching his family soon because it is stressing him out a little bit. He wants them to know the truth so badly. Last night Sister Lundgren was saying goodbye to him and he was like "will you explain to my uncle..." and then it got into a little bit of a bash. And that was so not good. We left his uncle fine and happy, but the whole situation is just difficult. Because they are uninterested, or misinformed, or whatever. And it upsets him. Hopefully his little sister and her daughter will start coming to church.
Karen is doing good. Today is her 2nd day without a cigarette! Awesome!! So we are hoping she will be able to be baptized soon. And since Sister Lundgren and I literally just switched companions, she is close by! We will still see her occasionally, and she can come here on exchanges, and she can TOTALLY be at Karen's baptism. So perfect.
The mission is doing this cool thing now called MTC - Missionary Training Camp. And it's happening in our Zone, with the Kingwood 3 Elders. So.. our Elders too I guess. What it is, is new greenies will come with their companion for a few days to the MTC and do a workshop with the Elders here. I really like the Elders that are there, it is Elder Kafusi and Elder Archibald. We helped them get the apartment ready this week. It was supposed to be "the model missionary apartment." And so we made it pretty.
So, I'm nervous to not be with my trainer anymore. And I'm a little nervous because me and Sister Cochran are companions. I just have to keep telling myself that the Lord is in charge of transfers. And the Lord wants us to learn something from eachother. And I just hate transfers because people go away. And I will miss them so much when they do. I just really want all the people that I like to get together in a room and stay there. Perfect.
Yeah.. transfers are freaking me out. Help?
I just feel like there is so much on my shoulders now. Because if things don't go right, it's because I didn't work hard enough. I want to work hard. I really do. But I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I will fall short in some things. And in some areas. And everything is going to be fine. I am no longer a "greenie" so I will just have to toughen up and find some more people to teach.
Also, i don't want to get competitive. and I am so competitive. I will be studying pride a lot this transfer, i know.
So that's the end of the story. I'm so blessed, way more blessed than I deserve, and I am a little freaked out by being "on my own" in Porter. Please send advice and I will try to have faith instead of be afraid.
OH!
And Mom, if the tingeys want to bring me something - they can bring me another missionary journal. mine is full. already. haha. It would be so cool to see them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment