Monday, September 26, 2011

general conference whaaaat?

Hello! Okay, who is excited for conference?? I am so excited!! I don't think I have ever been this excited for conference. We went to the General Relief Society broadcast on Saturday and it was so brilliant. PLEASE read President Uchtdorf's talk from it. It was perfect. He is so good, his words are really good. That was probably the highlight of my week, because it was just so filling. Alsooo we get to go to the temple this transfer! On James' birthday! Happy Birthday Jamesy! You all have birthdays coming up so soon. Dad and then James. So cool! Use the firepit for your birthday celebrations, okay? That is way too neato to have and not use.
I had a dream about Doug and Tammi and the boys. How are they doing? I hope they're good. They seemed good in my dream haha.
What else? This week things have been harder. It seems like everything is falling through and all of investigators have stopped keeping commitments. So that is a party. But we are just going to work harder with them and work harder to find people that are ready to recieve the gospel. This week we had a cool thing happen, Gladys Knight came to Houston with the Saints Unified Voices Choir. It is her choir that she travels with and does firesides. It was AWESOME. We are trying to get a hold of one of the CDs. It was a really cool experience. So many referrals come out of it. Which is awesome. Gladys Knight is like my hero. She is just breathes and music comes out. Like seriously when she sings it is effortless. So we went to that this Thursday. We were supposed to go with our investigator, but he never showed up where we had decided to meet him. Soooo..... ya. Awesome. James is doing great though! He has got a job now!! His life is just getting better and better. I wish people would realize that is why we are talking to them - not to bug them or anything, but to help them be happier.
What else happened this week?
Oh! My gosh! On Saturday the funniest thing. We were tracting and nobody was opening their doors. So I was like "Sister Cochran, do you think we needt o be somehwere else?" and she's like "Yeah maybe" and there was a cross street to the one we were on and I go "Do you think we need to do that one?" and she said "Yeah." So we go and the first lady we talked to, we had a lesson with. And as we were leaving, I asked "And what was your name ma'am?" And she goes "Patty." and I'm like "That's my mom's name!" so cool, right? But then the NEXT man we talked to, we had a lesson with HIM as well, and I ask his name and he goes "Ray, and these are my cats...' or something like that. And I am saying the prayer when we get back in the car and I'm like "we're thankful we could talk with Patty and Ray..." and I just started to laugh so hard. And Sister Cochran is like "oookay, weirdo." and I had to explain that we just tracted into my parents and it was so funny. I didn't even realize that until we were praying. So that, among many other reasons, is why you pray after appointments.
This week was not very eventful, so my e-mail is kind of lacking. Sorry! I will have an incredible one next week.
Mom, thanks for your letter! How was montana? did you guys get to watch the Relief Society Broadcast? I hope so it was so great. How is grandma? How is work? I bet they just fell right apart without you there :]. I hope you're good. I just adore hearing from you and I miss you a lot! Do yout hink you could track down mikelle's blog and send me her e-mails from that? Let me know.
Dad, thanks for your e-mail too! I wrote you one back. :] Will you get the family together and take a picture to send to me?? I want to see how yall look.
James how is school? How is the good old U? What are you taking, I don't think you ever told me? How is church? How are the ladies? How is life? Any good movies recently? I love you and miss you and really hope you are not wedded before I come home!! PLEASE. :]
Jonnay!!!!!! You finally wrote to me! I loved it. I am going to write a little letter back to you. I'm glad to hear you are good. You seem like you're loving your senior year. That is how it should be. Keep em coming. Of course I called you pumpkin.
I hope you all wrote down your general conference questions. I took mine with me to the RS broadcast and I'm SERIOUS President Uchtdorf's talk was magic. It answered specifically one of them. to the letter. SO COOL. I know if you do the same, you will have the same results. I love you all so much. I hope you have a great week. I will write a better e-mail next week. LOVE
Sister Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment