Wednesday, January 26, 2011

picture this...


I have to act out the part of 'King Claudius' from Hamlet for my Shakespeare class.
This class is kind of a beast, so I have to memorize his whole praying speech.

So, last night, I am in my room. On my knees. Reading "O wretched state! O bosom black as death!" complete with despair and hand actions.
I look up and who should be standing in my doorway (unbeknown to me) but my roommate Jenna? Just watching. From the doorway. Trying really hard not to laugh, from the looks of it.
 "I have to do this."
The words are out of my panicked mouth before I realize it. Seriously. It was a total knee jerk reaction. I had to make sure Jenna knew I didn't just act out Shakespeare on my knees in my bedroom for fun.

We then spent the next ten minutes straight laughing so hard that we couldn't talk.

2 comments:

  1. i could almost see the skull in your hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I'm sitting here in the quietest library EVER, just innocently checking my google reader, and I read this. Pretty sure I was convulsing from laughing so hard/trying not to make any noise. I started crying and possibly squeaking. All alone at the library. Just thought you should know this kinda made my day. I love that this happened.

    ReplyDelete