Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Mum

Christmas last year. ... We look kind of weird, right? I can't figure it out...
It is my mom's 32nd birthday today! (disregard that she was 12 when I was born. She is just still so young). I bused home today to meet my mom, my aunt, my cousin, and my grandma for a little Birthday lunch. We even got her a free piece of chocolate mouse (how do you spell that? I went back and forth). The waitress was mean, but I drummed up some courage to get a free dessert for her. So, in honor of today I thought I would tell everyone a little about my darling mom.

The fam in Hawaii this summer. And Jony has grown probably 2 or 3 inches since then.


  • I love her so much. I call her so much. I rely on her so much. I think the world of her and admire so many things about her. For example:
    • She is so good at basically everything she does. I am not lying. Find a craft, she can do it.
    • She is a good friend. To me and others. She is always talking to people and asking them about themselves, making them feel at ease. 
    • She is a very good teacher. Right now she's teaching Sunday School to the 16-18 year olds at church. And she has 3 brilliant children, am I right??
Now you see where James gets it??

And...Mom's New Year's Talent. I'm proud.
These are from the (in)famous New Year's Eve Party. ... Yes.









  • My mom gave me a great appreciation and love for books and reading. Hence, I am where I am today: an English major and at BYU.
  • The following are traits I inherited from my mom
    • A little bit of perfectionist-itis. It comes in handy from time to time.
    • A little bit of basically nothing can make me cry in public. 
    • A little bit of my love for reading. 
    • A little bit of independence and the ability to be a leader.
At Buble last April. 

  • My mom is a terrif mother (and daughter, sister, wife, neighbor, etc etc) I mean, seriously guys look at my brothers! They are fantastic fellas. And I have yet to walk in front of a moving bus, so I think I absorbed a thing or two from her teachings as well.
  • Some little known facts about mi madre: A spider once bit a hole through her eardrum in the middle of the night. Ouch. She and mi padre were high school sweethearts. She went to BYU for exactly 1 year (freshman in college). She seriously loves chocolates. Seriously. Her favorite movies are How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days and If A Man Answers (I believe. Am I right?). She loves all things that are for babies or little kiddies (books, toys, shoes, clothes). My kids are going to just adore their grandma.
  • She is really my best friend. My constant. I have no secrets from my mom. Absolutely 0. (except that I once got my friend's car towed. And now that's out of the bag as well). She is always there for me when I need her, always with a sage word of wisdom and advice. 
At James' Homecoming, 2008.

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." Abraham Lincoln.

Mom, I really love you! I hope your birthday was grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment