Friday, September 17, 2010

Meet The Birthday Girl!

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Mikelllllllllle, Happy birthday to you! 
How lucky is it that Mikelle's birthday falls on "Friend Friday"? Perfect.
this is like... the only picture of just you in existence. fyi.
 

Dear Mikelle,
Hello, how are things? I am sorry that we woke you up like 30 minutes after you had fallen asleep to sing the happy birthday song and make you blow out kamikaze candles. The pazooki we made was really good, I hope you're up to trying it a little later. I am going to tell everyone that reads my blog how cool you are. Happy Birthday -you can now visit the liquor store. Love, Jillian
Mikelle Dionne. She is TWENTY-ONE today. That thing that I said about the liquor store? That's only half-kidding. Kelle is an INSANE cook (and now she can get real wine to cook with, which is apparently superior to cooking wine. Or at least that's the story she's sticking to. Riiiiiight.)  But seriously.  We have like a chicken breast and some spices and a half-a-cup of CousCous and 15 minutes after Mikelle it is voila! A mouthwatering masterpiece. Also, if you're ever in the neighborhood, I highly recommend the chocolate-chip cookies. (Please ignore that they have an entire stick of butter in them. It's worth it.)

Near the beginning. Mads @ the grand america.

I remembered the other day the first time I met Mikelle. It was in Honors English sophomore year in high school, and she was talking about Jenna. I thought she meant this other Jenna, so I asked her about it and... we discovered it wasn't the same person. Unless Jenna is a closet-gymnast. VERY compelling stuff, right? But that is the first thing I remember about Mikelle. Fast forward to junior year and we are all in the play together and in A Capella, thinking about trying out for Mads etc etc... and we became F R I E N D S.


We went through Senior year together, came to BYU, began Breakfast club, and stayed friends. That doesn't happen often, I'm told. But, what can I say? Mikelle and I are kind of kindred spirits. We have a lot of the same concerns and aspirations. We like to discuss Machiavelli (like, as in, we actually enjoy it) and I feel like I can tell her almost anything.

kelle with one of her 'babies'

This past January, Kelle moved to China for 6 months to teach English. Consequently, we eat a lot of weirdy Chinese stuff and hear Mandarin non. stop. But it's okay - when she got home from China, she understood how I felt about coming home from England and that was very nice. I was grateful that someone else was adjusting the same way I did.

Here are some other miscellaneous things to know about Mikelle. She cannot resist a sale. She will buy it because it is on sale, even if we don't particularly need it. She is borderline OCD about cleanliness but, hello, welcome to my childhood home. I feel very home with her. I admire so much how genuinely sweet and generous she is. I have never heard or seen her do something to intentionally hurt or snub someone. (Way to not be a girl, Kelle!). And her generosity is an awesome example to me.

Now, Kelle is putting her mission papers in. She is going to be such a fantastic missionary. I am excited for her, and I love her for her incredible example of faith. Kelle and I have had some very important religious talks in my life. She has helped me to see things more clearly and calmed me down when I worried. I am forever grateful that she has been there for me to talk to, unload on, and toss ideas around with. I'm quite going to miss her come January. 


For now, she is my "friend first, roommate second." :]

No comments:

Post a Comment