Friday, September 10, 2010

Meet The Brothers Karamozov*

*I don't know if this is a negative denotation. I've never read it yet. 

"Friend Friday" is going to be a success. Because this semester I am receptionist on Fridays. And let me tell you, it is the farthest thing from "busy" you can be. (In fact, one of the counselors just walked by and commented on it.)
Today, I'm going to hit 2 birds with 1 stone. These are said birds:
500 years ago when Jony was a baby - at James' homecoming

love my brothers. If you know me well at all, you probably know that. I love them. I used to want a sister, but now couldn't be more thrilled that it's me and the fellas. So let's take them one at a time:

James with one of the cutest boys on the earth - my cousin Tayler. And Jony being on drugs. 
James Anthony (whose name was almost Amandre. I am so glad he was not a girl.) is 22. Almost 23. He is, honestly, the best older brother in the nation. When I was little, I would follow James around all the time. I just totally worshiped him. I remember playing "Inventor's Daughter" in the basement with him: He was the inventor and I was his daughter... so he probably didn't call it "Inventors Daughter", but I did. I also remember when we were little, we used to play war. Once he tied my hands together (cause I was his POW, obviously) and left me in the laundry room. Rude. But it's fine, it was character building right? Then, good old Bryan Bennett and Aly Smith came along and I was no longer tailing him everyplace. 

You're going to see a trend here. Stay tuned.

James got older, all the while being a world-class example to me and Jony. You hear about "The Golden Child" but that's honestly James. He went on his mission October of my Junior year in high school. He was such a fantastic missionary, and I know he loved every minute of it.

Now, James is at the U (after a semester in Ptown he ABANDONED me) finishing up his generals before he goes into Pre-Physical Therapy classes. He is going to be the BEST Physical Therapist in the world. Seriously, people are going to fly from all over to visit him, I just know it. 

James, you are a gentleman and a scholar :]. You are all the good things: calm, kind, motivated, giving. You are going to be a wonderful husband. Please marry someone I like, please please please. But if you can't, at least marry someone who is good enough for you. That is my only wish.

Maybe I will introduce you to Bear Grylls after all...

Oh, Jonathan you are such a lady killer. (I gave him those glasses.)

Ooooh Jony. What a rocky road Jony and I have had. He is 3 years younger than me. And I swear, from his first breath, he has known me better than anyone else on the planet. I say this because he knows exactly what to do to get under my skin. I think every single scar I have has to do with Jony. Maybe it's payback for all the times he played dress up in his early childhood, I don't know. We are constantly in competition of some sort. I don't mean for any of this to sound negative, P.S. Jony is one motiving kid that way. And sure, he has tendencies to annoy the bleep out of me, but underneath all of that is a remarkable kid.

Jony is 17 right now. (Holy cow, that is so nuts that he is 17. I was just barely 17.) He is a junior in high school. And all he does is play basketball. Or do anything James does. It's been that way from the beginning. Jony loves James. I mean, we all love James but Jony especially does. There was time when Jony would only listen to one person. That person was neither of my parents, it was James. 

See?? What's with the "eyes closed" in all pictures with me?



Actually... Jony is eyes closed all the time. 























There are so many things I admire about Jony. First is the fact that he can talk to anyone. Effortlessly, he can just strike up a conversation. I am SO jealous of that. He is also a really well rounded kid. He loves playing sports and watching sports, but he also loveshistory. If we are on vacation, and there is a museum around, please believe we will be there. He also is good at math - wierdo. He is way left brained, which I just don't get and will never be. Another thing I admire and am so grateful for is how incredibly forgiving Jony is. No matter WHAT I have done to him (and trust me, I am not always the picture of sweetness. I know, shocker.) he has always always always given me a second chance. He always forgives me, way more quickly than I sometimes deserve. It is honestly the thing I am amazed at most in my little brother.

That and the fact that he is now, what? 6'1"? I love that he is tall! It make me feel short - which is a way good feeling for a girl that has been 5' 7.7" for since like... the 9th grade. When all the boys were still 4'11". 

We are in Hawaii. Excuse me looking mondo-retarded.

My brothers. They are phenom. And we watch movies together, which I love. Sometimes I get jealous that they are at home together and I'm here away at school. But it's just cause I love them, think they are both the coolest cats on the block, and miss them. I will always be grateful for them. They are first-class gentlemen. 

The ladies can only hope to be so lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment