Hola!
So Monday night we didn't have a dinner and it was RAINING like you wouldn't believe! So cool. But then at 7:30 we had an appointment with a less active member who is wanting to come back to church. She told us her 16 year old daughter doesn't know if she believes in God anymore, so we were going to go teach a Restoration lesson. This family has a 23 year old cousin living with them, Serenity, and on the way over I was thinking "I would LOVE to teach Serenity." So we go in, we start talking, and in Serenity comes. Kizza asks her one question about church and badabing! We are able to invite her to listen to the lesson. It was great. It was kind of crazy cause Serenity's 2 year old daughter was running around trying to do everyone's hair (she tried to give me twists. ha!) We asked her what she would do if she found out what we taught was true and she said "Then I would become Mormon." Like... duh! We are excited to work with her. We're seeing her tonight.
Tuesday was almost an all bike day. All bike day until it got dark. I love riding the bikes so much. I feel like a missionary when I do. And we always end up teaching more on the days when we bike. Who knows why THAT is. Anyway we taught a bunch of less actives and had dinner with a wonderful active family in our ward. Then we had Dan-The-Man dinner with him and his wife. She is getting a little tired of us, I think. We'll approach it after Thanksgiving (they're going out of town).
Wednesday I had some more experience with following promptings. We had an appointment, she wasn't there. So we were biking down to Mormon.org and I had the thought "Go see that young mom from the Hour of Power." So I stopped and told Sister T about it. It's kind of weird because it's the other side of our area. So we rode back home and got the car and drove to Jennys. She let us right in (she was absolutely devastated because of the election. she cried. yikes man.) and we taught her a first lesson. It was kind of awkward because her pastor was in the backyard haha.. But they are a great family. She said she would pray about reading the Book of Mormon. That's the whole battle for us. If they'll read it, God will do the work. Also later that morning we saw Susan and Josetta, our other two progressing investigators.
Thursday morning we went to say goodbye to Lora Monroe because she is moving out of our complex (still in our ward) and she is going to get her husband because HE is now doing an externship at L'Auberge. Then we did weekly planning and no body else was around until Dinner at the clicks then we saw Brother Boies. He sent a package to our house. It's for me :] Just expect that
Friday we had district meeting and the zone leaders came. Then we went to lunch with Josh Brandon. He is recently reactivated, probably 30 and he fed us steak and chili dogs. I am a HUGE chili dog fan now-a-days. And he has a cool cat. I'm starting to like cats more. His cat is named BJ. BJ is almost as cool as the Nunes cat, Toby. But Toby totally wins. He is my favorite cat. I think this also might be coming from the fact that cats don't bark their heads off whenever I enter their property. Dogs drive me a little nuts. Except Wils. Pretty much nothing happened Friday. I start to get depressed when that happens. When it's our second day and no teaching, I get down.
Saturday, ALSO nothin!! YUCK. Also I was sick. I am fighting a little cold/sore throat deal. I really dislike it.
Yesterday we had church and holy smokes I just love church. We had the lesson from the George Albert Smith book about kindness. Isn't he amazing??? Seriously, I adore George Albert Smith. Every time I read the book about him I am blown away. He is so cool. So, therefore, I have decided on a name for my daughter. I'm going to name her Georgia Rae. (Like George Albert Smith and Dad! cool huh? Mom, just think about it for a second. it's not as bad as some of the other one's I've come up with, i'm sure!) I told sister T this last night and she goes "That is such a southern name!" Also last night I got told that I sometimes have a southern accent! YUSS! I'm excited about that. I also had an experience yesterday with following a prompting. We were driving away from a less active visit and I had a thought "go knock those apartments" but I didn't want to. College apartments freak me out at the moment. We got all the way to where our next appointment should be and I was like "Sister, I think we need to go knock those apartments." And she goes "WHY did you wait until now to tell me! We should have gone when we were over there!" And we went back and daught a first and got two new investigators. Sophomores in college. I was thinking about how I got my answer about going on a mission. And how it was because of the power of prayer and I thought of all the sad little college students in the world who were sad and alone and didn't know that they could pray. And that's why I wanted to knock there. It was cool.
We have a new elder in the ward! His name is Elder Hooker! He miiiight know Grandma and Grandpa! He's another Heber-ite. His parents bought a bunch of land and built a housing development and I thought "huh. grandma and grandpa have a housing development by their house.." and he told me he used to live on Hicken Court... Do Grandma and Grandpa know any Hookers? ... hahahaha. In their neighborhood?
Mom, thanks for checking on the MTC for me! You're the best! I think I'll just apply when I get home? What do you think about that? I have been practicing and role playing with my companion. How are you? Thanks for the pictures of the snow! I LOVE THE SNOW! Have yall started decorating for Christmas yet? Also, I got Becky's wedding announcement! HOLY SMOKES she looks GORGEOUS IN IT!!!!!! Don't yall think? I'm so happy for her!! Plus It's nice to have a face to put on "Chauncey Rogers".
Dad, thanks for your e-mail! Those sound like good goals for the stake! We have such a great stake! Hey, guess what? A girl from Vidor Texas got her mission call to the TACOMA WASHINGTON mission! i am so excited. She is one of the "new wave" missionaries. She's 19. I have to call her and tell her she's the luckiest girl in the world! How's everything for you? I hope you have a great week!
James, how goes it? How is life? I hope you're doing good. What exactly is your major? I keep forgetting... accounting? Something?
Jonny, how goes it for you? How are you doing in your mission preparation?? Are you reading the Book of Mormon? DO IT! :]
Family, I love you so much! I am so grateful to be a missionary. It's still difficult. But it's so wonderful! If I ever talk to any girl going on her mission the first words out of my mouth will be "It is WONDERFUL! The most amazing thing you could do with your time! You are so lucky to have the opportunity." Please pray for our investigators. They are not wanting to progress. It's lame. I will keep trying. Please pray that we'll be able to find things to do in the evening. Remember the power and strength of real prayer. Get on your knees and speak out loud to your Father in Heaven. He is really listening to you. He wants to help you and He wants you to help His other children.
I love yall so much! Have a good week and I'll talk with you next monday!!
P.S. TEN DAYS til the rest of the world wants to listen to christmas music with me!!!!! SOOO