Well. It is officially my last transfer. I have no earthly idea how this happened. It doesn't seem like a year and a half ago that I was leaving home. It doesn't seem that long since I've seen yall. But on the other hand, I feel like I've been here and known these people for all my life. Sister Tuigamala and I are staying together!! We are so excited! We are going to work hard and see success I know it.
So. Last week was good. I don't have my planner from last week because it is a new transfer... and that is how I remember what I did every day to give yall a play by play haha. But I'll see what I can do.
The first of the week we were on bikes all the time because we had NO MILES left. We were actually over miles a little bit. So we biked to kingdom come. Especially on Wednesday. Halloween! I wondered so many times how many people thought we were just in costumes and went a little far with our helmets and bikes. Oh well. Nobody asked us. We had a good day on Wednesday we saw Josetta and taught her about the plan of salvation. She agrees with it. She knows it is true. There is something that is in the way of her coming to church. We'll see what we can do. Wednesday night we met with Stephen, our new investigator who is dating a less active member. They fed us dinner. It was delicious. We had planned to talk to him about the Restoration but he wanted to know why we couldn't drink tea. Can I just tell yall how much a LOVE being a missionary?! The gospel is just so true. It speaks for itself. All I can do is be the person to feed the information. Anyway the Elders came and they were on bikes too, so we were all four riding home at nine o'clock at night and it was so funny.
We also had a cool experience with a less active woman, Shirley. Oh, how I love her. Our Ward Mission Leader says that the Sisters have been visiting her for years and years and that she comes to church once in a while. Basically he said don't waste your time. Just ps our ward mission leader scares me to death. He's very good at being a ward mission leader and he just intimidates me to no end. Anyway. But we saw Miss Shirley and taught her the plan of salvation. Her daughter passed away about a month ago. And last time we saw her she asked what happened to people after they died. We were able to teach her this plan and the spirit was there. It was cool. I felt so good as I testified that Heavenly Father knew that we would be imperfect and that Jesus Christ knew that he was coming to take our punishment for us. "Justice requires immediate perfection and punishement when we fall short... Jesus took that punishment." This was central to the plan. Our Heavenly Father loves us.
Also yesterday in church. It was fast and testimony meeting and Sister Clifford stood up and bore her testimony. She talked about how when she goes to the temple it feels like she is going home. And something like "It must be so good for our Heavenly Father to see us home." and I felt that God loves His children so much. I remember when Rebecca Tingey came to our house and she said "On the really hard days of my mission I would just picture that hug at the airport when I got home and it made me feel better." and I thought about when we go home to God how he will embrace us and how that will feel. Can yall imagine?? So great. So much better than when I complete my THE mission. And that's going to be pretty darn awesome.
"Fall back" happened. So now it gets dark at like 3 in the afternoon. Just kidding. It's like 6 oclock. But that kicks 6-9 out of drop bys which are how we roll in this area in the evening. For some reason no body wants to see us in the evening. Weird. Anyway we are trying to adjust and set solid appointments in the evening. We should be having more dinners so that will be good.
What else happened... we didn't get any new investigators which I just don't like at all. We are going to do better this week. It's been really really foggy lately in the mornings. Which is cool. And then it gets hot. Not HOT hot, but hotter than I want it to be. I want it to be like coldish. Like 70 would be nice.
Susan is doing great. We love her so much. She is still planning to get baptized January 5 2012. Hoorah! Hopefully we can teach her husband and her daugter before then. Her husband is feeling interested now. That is nice.
I'm sorry that I don't have that much to tell yall about! Mom we had a pizza party last monday! I will send you the pictures from my grateful district.
Mom, how has your week been? I hope it's been good! How is work and etc? Has ABC family started the countdown to the 25 days of christmas? I think it's hilarious that they do a countdown to a countdown...
Dad, thanks for your e-mail! Say hello the Robinsons from me!! They are so great. I'm sorry they had to cut it a little bit short, but I'm sure they did all that God wanted them to do. I'm glad that more sisters are applying for missionary service! I would love to talk to any girls that want to go on a mission! I'd do it in a heartbeat. Set it up and I'll be there. I totally want to teach at the mtc. I don't know how best to go about that. My old job said I could come back and work there, but it just doesn't feel right and I don't want to work there anymore. So I am going to see if I can come and apply for the MTC when I get home or send a video thing. Could you see if you can find out if I could apply between the 19th when I get home and January 2nd when we leave? Thanks! I don't know if you can find out, but I guess just see if they do interviews then... I don't know how to send a video home really, but I will figure it out if that's what needs to happen. PLUS there's going to be so many more missionaries, ESPECIALLY sister missionaries so they're probably going to need more teachers... riiiight? Score.
James, how are you doing this week? How's life? How are the ladies? How is church? How is work? How is school? What are you studying? Can't wait to come home so we can fiesta!!! We shall double date. It will be great. You will find fellas for me and I will find ladies for you. Perfect.
Jonny, hows it going?? Are you getting excited to get on your mission. Mom and dad say you look more and more like a missionary all the time. I can't WAIT for you to go through the temple! It's sooo amazing! And then we can all go together. The best thing you can do to prepare for your mission is strengthen your testimony. Honestly, theres no way to prepare you for what the day to day of missionary life is like except just going. But you CAN build your testimony. It all hinges on the Book of Mormon. Read it daily. You will recieve answers to the questions you have about your mission from studying the book of mormon. Don't feel like you have to read a zillion chapters a day. Just read every day. LOVE YOU! I'm so excited to see you!
Yall. I am so happy. I am so so so soooo happy. I'm not always giddy happy, but I have this underlying happiness that doesn't go away. I know that comes as a gift from God in return for service. I am so grateful to have a testimony. I haven't always had a testimony, or I didn't always think I had a testimony. Now that I have one, I truly do "guard it with my life". I am so incredible grateful for it. I just know that it's true. This gospel is Jesus Christs and this church is Jesus Christs. What I don't know now, I can have faith in and someday God will let me know. THAT I am sure of. LOVE YALL! Be good, be happy, and be safe!