Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Good Week :) February 21, 2012

Hello familia! What a great week we had! With some bumps. But it was great. So. Last P-Day (since it was the day before valentines day) I brought those little clip animals for the Elders to make too. Oh bless the elders hearts. haha some of them made weirdest things. But it was fun. I will send you a picture hopefully. Also one of the pictures has Elder Sadleir in it, and I think he looks a lot like James and Jonny. It's WEIRD! I love Sadleir he is so awesome, so it's okay that he looks like my brothers. He was my zone leader and now he's the assistant. Anyway it was great we had a good time.
Then Tuesday we had Zone Conference and I got to sing at that too!!! It was the prettiest song "O Savior Thou Who Wearest A Crown" Which is in the hymn book I guess but the words were set to the tune of "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and it was so great Elder Judkins (who is this amazingly talented pianist) accompanied me. I just LOVE to sing. Yall saw the "17 Miracles" movie right? In that movie there is a version of "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" and it is SOOO beautiful. Other than that, though, we had the coolest meeting. I think it's been my favorite Zone conference. At the last zone conference I didn't sleep the whole night before so I was barely awake. This one was much better and we talked a lot about Faith unto miralces. We are doing this new thing in our mission called "The Hour of Power" Every Thursday night at 5:50 pm we will teach a short lesson to a family about "Faith Unto Miracles" and then ask the head of the house to say a prayer for the missionaries in our mission, and also to say a prayer for us that in the next hour (6pm - 7pm) we will find someone to teach and baptize. And then we go finding for an hour. So, yall are invited to join with us as well. At 6 pm Texas time, (so 5 pm Utah time?) every Thursday to pray for the missionaries in my wonderful wonderful mission. Pray that they will find someone to teach and baptize in the next hour. It's gonna be SWEET! We are loving it.
Wednesday we met with Crystal. Oh ay caramba! We needed to know if she was going to be baptized the 25th so we could tell Brother Bowers and he could get a program together. And she said no, and that was fine. So anyway this big drama happened where somebody asked her about being baptized this weekend (and it's all our fault we didn't tell him after she called us and told us no) because Brother Bowers brought it up in ward council and she got mad that we had announced it when she expressly told us not to and she directed it at Brotehr Bowers because she knows us and loves us (I think) and today we had to go put out a small fire when we met with her. But we had a really good talk with her and she is so wonderful! I hope she gets baptized next transfer so I can still come back for it.
Thursday I just cannot remember what happened. Weekly planning (yucko!) and the hour of power (so cool!). We also met with Doyle and Debra. She is still set to be baptized this saturday!! yeehaw! Doyle is going to baptize her. I think Doyle and Debra have a thing, and that's weird. And I feel like Doyle doesn't have as much time for us anymore (oh my gosh, how 5th grader I sound. I know I know. I'm aware. But I still feel like it) And I just worry about him. But you gotta let em go sometime right? :] haha
Friday it raiiiiiined! Hard! I loooove it when it rains here. It RAINS. But it rained all night too into Saturday so it was still kinda scary when we left to go to Elder Christofferson. We drove down with President. haha. It was President and six sister missionaries in the mission mini van. So great. But we went and got to the Behring chapel and the parking lot was flooded and under construction so we went to sugarland, texas to the Elkridge building I think. And it was great. Elder Christofferson is now one of my favorites. He gave SUCH a good talk on repentance. on how we need to preach repentance to people. Becuase without Christ, repentance would be meaningless. So preaching repentence is really preaching Christ (I do not know how to spell repentance? repentence? UGH! I think it's ance.) But the whole mission was there so I got to see Elder Rasmussen who I just love and adore and all the people who are spread out all over. AAAAND we also saw the Houston 14-B missionaries (from the MTC)!! We all congregated in the back and took a picture. OHHH I love them. Me and Sister Cochran both agreed that we look a little haggard. Like we looked so fresh and young in the MTC and now we are just worn out by missionary work :] haha I think it's totally true. We look different. I feel like I'm gonna come home and be 9000 years old. Dating life is gonna be rough, I'll be all sicko and wrinkled and haggard. Elder Christofferson though he also had a question and answer session which was belissima. One of the questions (from Elder Robles of THE mission thank you very much) asked my favorite question of the day. He said "How did you learn to forget yourself on your mission?" and Elder Christofferson said "that is a worthy quetsion a good question. The answer is I didn't." and I thought that was AWESOME because OBVIOUSLY he was a good missionary and he did forget himself and go to work but I think there's so much pressure to be the perfect missionary and we just need to really be trying. He also said it's submission of our will to our heavenly father's will. And he said the question is (and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this question) "How much can I do for someone else and how well can I do it?" And I think that is just the most splendid answer. He also said you can't think too much about how to forget yourself or it defeats the purpose. And that is exactly the conclusion that I came to a couple months ago. I can't think too hard about becoming what I want to become. I just need to go do it. And I really like that question: "How much can I do for someone else and how well can I do it?" I think I'll try to live by that one.
Yesterday was good. The Cassidy's! Oh the cassidys they are so wonderful. They are still really thinking hard about marriage. She is just, you know, a year younger than me. No big deal (ahhh it's kinda wierd!!!!). We went to the church after Elder Christofferson and they were there because there was a relief society conference that she was going to and he signed up to clean the church. Awesome. Then they were at church and they love it. And we love them. And they have the world's cutest children!! I will have to take a picture with them this week.
So. This week, this week. It is transfer calls :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ I think I'm toast. I think I have to leave. And that makes me want to cry cause I think I'm going to Woodville and it's in the middle of no where and I will be SO sad to leave this area. I love and adore this area. Oh my gosh do you know how much I love it?? I've been here for half my missino and I just want to stay for the other half. I don't want to leave. But I have trusted the lord this far. I'll trust him to take me wherever next. It's funny, every time there's transfers I get all worked up and then I see how the Lord really just wanted me to be happy. And He put me where I would be happiest. I was thinking about that too, though, because he wants to make all of us, all of his children happy. And it's cool to be living the gospel right now to a point that I know what I'm doing is in line with God's will because then everything that happens, happens for a reason. And I was thinking about how Heavenly Father is the great orchestrator. And he knows exactly how to get everyone to play in harmony. So where i'm happiest is going to be where someone else is happiest too and on and on. I really believe that, He just wants his children to be happy. And when we live the gospel we can be happy. This is the greatest! I wish everyone could be a missionary, it is the coolest thing. :] The best feeling.
Mom. Thanks for your letter! I sent you a letter yesterday but it was cause sister baldwin and I had a small "tiff" if you will and she wasn't speaking to me and I just really wanted to call you and talk to you... so I wrote you a little letter. So I'm sorry it's not that great. But thanks for your letter! i'm so proud of your working out dealio! That is awesome. I feel 7000 times better when I am exercising. It's funny if I go a few days and don't really exercise I start to feel crummy and I'm like "uhhh why do I feel like crap?' and then i realize it's because I am not running in the morning. badabing. Anyway how is everything else ? I'm excited for you to give a talk. haha oh the dear old ward. Just can't wait to hear about your charming charming child :]
Dad thansk for your e-mail! It's good to hear all of your updates! I'm glad thigns are going well. I'm sorry the missionary stuff could be better. It's gotta be slightly different in Utah, because of the high volume of members there. I don't know. Just keep at it. Something will come up. Bless the Elders hearts. I'm glad you get to have them over. Everyone talks about that "spirit" that the missionaries bring into the home. and I just don't know it or understand it. but if it's there, that's good. I'm glad to bring it with me.
James. I have a referal for you! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION. This is very exciting stuff. one of the elders in our mission, I was talking about you to him and he asked how old you were and I told him and he has a sister at Utah State (logan... i said that is okay that it wouldn't really be a problem) and she is 23 and single and legit really pretty. I looked at a picture of her today and I was ready to be like "oh, well she is nice looking" but she really was pretty! LIKE REALLY pretty. And I want yall to go out. Will you please?? Elder Henderson gave me her info to give to you so i'll e-mail it. We have been orchestrating this since last p=day and we both feel really good about it. He was going to e-mail her about it today and I'm e-mailing you and this is a good thing. He is way cool his family is way cool (his mom sent all the missionaries inthe mission christmas presents whaaaat? so cool). Mmkay. So i'll e-mail you. Also how are you? I love you!
Jonny. What is up man? I LOVED your e-mail last week.. Don't worry about basketball except to keep enjoying it.You are good and that's just a fact but just enjoy it okay? You're getting close to the end! I'm way proud of you! Get to work on mission prep. You have things you need to do before you can go. You know what they are. Just pray about them. I know you pray, I know you know the scriptures. Just keep doing what you're doing. You are awesome and I am crossing my fingers that you are coming to THE mission!!! How neato would that be???? Yeah.
Well family. i'm good. life is oh so good. I'm freaking out about transfers a little but what can you do? I really don't want to leave. I love it way too mcuh.Just pray for me and pray for president that he will be inspired and that I'll be happy with where I go. Please? tahnk you! Tell me what is going on at home!? I know there are updates that I don't get. Keep em coming. I feel lik I'm forgetting something..... sorry if I do. Oh! Mom do you want me to mail back that advent calendar christmas tree with the boxes? Cause if I get transferred I'm going to have thirty billion things and ahhhh. I'll know next monday if I'm going. But i won't know where I'm going. AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment