Monday, January 30, 2012

January 17, 2012 you are not going to believe this...

I'm still in Porter. Yes. President said that he needed to do what was best for the whole mission and all the sisters and that required me staying in Porter for another transfer. Which is okay. I am really okay with it. I just don't want to talk about it. There are only so many times I can deal with "You're STILL in K2?? Ahahhahahah!" and smile back. I think this will be an interesting transfer. It will be a really good one, but interesting too. I'm interested to see what goes on.
Last week was good. I thought I was being transferred so I visited a lot of people that I love and took pictures with them. So you can see those. We went to the temple on Wednesday, it was gorgeous and wonderful as always. I stayed in the celestial room for ever afterward I was the last one there with just the temple worker. She was like staring at me, so I decided to leave. It was great.
Doyle brought his neighbor to church yesterday. He is such a good little member missionary already! She was a little bit uncomfortable but SO many people came up and introduced themselves to her from the ward. They were so welcoming and that was perfect. I'm sure she'll be back again soon. She might come to Doyle's when we go over and that would be perfect cause we could do a lesson 1 and teach her the gospel.
We are continuing to work harder and I'm continuing to feel better. I still am so grateful to be a missionary. I still love it so much every day. Even when I have a bad day, it's not like "oh my goodness I wish I was somewhere else." it's like "oh, I'm having a bad day. Thank goodness I'm a missionary! " Cause you know what I can fix it so much easier as a missionary. We get to go help people.
Also on Sunday Brother Bowers brought up a ward mission plan with the ward council. AHHH! So glad. We need one so bad. The trouble is that the ward seems to feel like missionary work is totally separate from everything that they do. Like, they have missionaries in the ward so that the missionaries can do the work. Which is 100% false and it won't work as well if we do it. Obviously, we do it. We work really hard and the only 3 baptisms our ward had this year were from tracting. So, yeah. Missionaries can do work. But if we want more success, the way that the church believes it should be done, the member are full time finders. I remember when Elder Bednar gave that talk I was a little horrified. I was like "no way! the missionaries are supposed to find them and teach them! I can't do that!" but being a missionary, I realize yes I can find them and teach them. But it would work so much more effectively if the members found them and then we taught them. So with this new ward mission plan we will hopefully see more teaching opportunities.
This week should be a good one. We have a lot of work to do. I feel super weird today because 1) It was transfers. I really don't like transfers because everything is different and it takes a few weeks to get used to the changes and the different personalities. 2) so many missionaries went home. And it always wigs me out a little bit, not becuase I want to be going home. But I think about going home, like what it will be like, and then I realize how far away it is and it all just feels weird. AND I don't like missing people and inevitably when people go away you miss them. So I feel weird today.
Guess what Sister Cochran was transferred again! To Baytown and it's her companions last transfer sooo I'm pretty sure she'll be training next transfer! OH MY GOSH!! She would be so good at it. So, in the half of Sister Cochran's mission that she has had she has been in 4 areas. And I am in #1. Weird, right?
So I will attach some pictures :]
Me and Sister Baldwin in front of the temple. Oh, it is so beautiful.
Our district from last transfer.
Our zone from last transfer.
Elder Paletu'a and Elder Reed. Elder Reed went home today so Paletu'a "killed" him. So that was the picture. Of Elder Reed dying.
Me and Karen.
Me and Lisa and Priscilla Medina
Me and Red Drye!!
Me and Baleria
Well. How are things at home? We're halfway through January! We can make it!! I dislike January. It is long and nothing good happens during it. But this month has been good and will be good.
Mom, how are you? How is grandma doing? I liked your letter with the story about the Dearden's book of mormon. That is so cool! It kind of make me cry. Jerry and Daren were in my dream last night haha! Our family went to Disneyland and Jerry and Daren were both allowed to come because it was a Young Single Adults conference there, so they could come home from their missions for it. How is work going?
Dad, how is work for you? How is the good old Wasatch stake doing? anything cool coming up?
James, muchas gracias for your letter. How is school treating you two weeks in? Or maybe it's only one week in. Hows the ward? I sent you a letter back so you should be getting that..
Jonny how are you? How is school? You are almost graduated!! Once January's done, February is like 2 seconds long and then March, April, May, June. Badabing.
(Dang. Okay, this old lady next to me is insisting that this crossword puzzle is sent to her. So weird. She is making them fax it from another location. she will not rest until she gets it. That might not make sense, but it is super bizarre, trust me.)
Just so yall know, we are enjoying weather in the 60's and 70's here. :] I'm sure you wish you could switch. I actually do like it. When it's been really cold here, I don't want to go out into it. The same with the really hot. Houston is not a place you want to live. You're kind of bound indoors for half the year.
Well, family. Keep us in your prayers. I am grateful to be a missionary. I may not be in the greatest of mood this morning, but it's okay. I am still grateful to be here. There is no place I'd rather be. Thank you all for your help, love and support.
Love, Sister Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment