Sunday, January 8, 2012

two days later....

From December 27th, sorry Jillians' mom is in charge for now!!!!!
Oh my gosh, it was so good to talk to you guys on Sunday! SO great. Yesterday the libraries were closed for Boxing Day (whatever. no one celebrates boxing day. lame.) so we are e-mailing today.
Sunday night we went to the Crawfords for an hour. It was awesome. I was sitting there thinking about how next Christmas I'll be home! And as happy as I will be to be home, I will also be sad. Because I do love this. And I will think back to my Christmas night in the mission field and I think I'll miss it. But I will also love to be home! We went caroling and the second house we went to, the guy was extremely awkward and halfway through The First Noel, he closed the door and was like "The dogs are coming... the dogs!" and the Elders were like "Dude, did he just say the cops are coming??" And I thought it was so funny. We also watched the Joy to the World DVD. I had never seen that, but it had all the O Holy Night clips. I missed watching O Holy Night this year!! Next year. It will be great.
Yesterday we went to P-Day and we were there for a really long time, it was so nice. Elder Sylvester gave me my real Christmas present - which was a Justin Bieber poster. haha Oh, they all know I love the Biebs. Haha James and Jonny, do you remember that one time we went to Sweet Tomatoes and Michael Buble was on the radio and I asked Jonny the funniest question?? I hope you do. It was so funny. Then last night we had dinner at the Cheney's (who I just love and adore. They love Harry Potter. I totally love them.) Then we went to see Doyle. The coolest thing: you can feel the spirit in his house. You can feel the difference. That is nuts. It's so cool. We read the Book of Mormon with him. He needs a calling ASAP. ASAP!!!! We'll do our best to get him one.
Also, I think my favorite Christmas present was my new tooth brush. I'm lovin' it!! For reals.
This morning we had Choir Practice. Sister Crawford has put together these missionary choirs so we can do missionary firesides. I am so excited. The music is awesome and I looooove to sing. And it means we get to see other missionaries which I just can't get enough of. One of the people in charge has a degree from BYU-Hawaii in music composition and we are singing his stuff. And it is SO beautiful.
This week should be good. Days may drag on sometimes, but weeks are starting to fly by. I can't believe I'm down to less than 52 weeks. That is just so short. We are going to tract a lot (because like I told you guys, I'm not loving it. Which means I just need to buck up and do it more). We are going to get back into the swing of things. The funniest things happen right before transfers. I start to think about all of the reasons I DON'T want to leave Kingwood. I think it's time, though. I think I need to go. We'll see, but I would be suprised to stay. I love this area, I love being around all the missionaries, I love being around the Crawfords. I am so grateful for these things. I just need to be grateful all the time. I will be sad to go, but excited to see something new. And scared. haha.
I was just thinking about how weird it was to call the house and talk to mom and james. And then to see all of you. So weird, but also so normal. It felt just normal, natural, oh let me call my family. Thank you guys so much! It was so wonderful to see and talk to you. Thanks for your advice. I just eat it up, I love when you guys give me advice.
So, these are the pictures I am going to send to you:
The first 2 are Doyle's pirana! I swear it is a pirana. He doesn't know what it is. And it has sharp teeth and looks just like one, right??
Then there is a picture of us and the Crosby's and Baxters. (Jonathan and Tatiana added James and Jonny on facebook :]). I love them. Thats where we skyped from. I love the Crosby's soooo much.
Then there is the picture I took from the skyping :]
Then there is me and the snow. THAT SNOW IS SO COOL!!!! AHHH!!! We made it on Christmas morning so we could have a white christmas. Thankfully, it was at least rainy on Christmas. Today it is sunny. I think I would have DIED if it was sunny on Christmas.
Then on another e-mail I'll send you all of my pictures with my presents!
This is Doyle's Christmas Eve Baptism (the Elder, dad, is Elder Sylvester. Who is Mack something's grandson?? yeah?)
Then this is me and sister Jarboe and David. I love them so much!!
Well, that is that.
Oh! I forgot to tell you THEE funniest story. So, we went caroling Christmas Eve with our District. one of the places we went was a less active family in our ward. And they live in a really long trailer park that, at the beginning, has a santa sleigh and reindeer. Well, Elder Archibald said he wanted a picture of us in the sleigh. So we go to do that, and since the K3 Elders are the MTC elders, they had their trainees with them. One of which is Elder Curtis, who came out with me. Who I love. Who always is eating peanut butter, which is pretty gross, but I still love him. Anyway, he is taking the pictures and this cat is like hanging around him. So I'm like "Elder Curtis, you have a new friend?" and he looks down, and KICKS the cat!! Not like "he nudges the cat away with his foot." like he wound up and socked the cat in the stomach. It flew into the air and spun around so it landed on it's feet and then ran. Well. We happened to be in front of this trailer which was home to the cat and the sleigh we were all standing on. And this guy comes outside! Becuase, hello, we just showed up in his yard and kicked his cat. And Elder Curtis took a picture of us at that moment, after he kicked the cat, and it is hilarious. I am like stressing out, sister baldwin is laughing, elder axtell is about to DIE because he is laughing.. oh my gosh! it is so funny. I am getting Archibald to send it to me and then I will send it to you. I LOVED it.
So that is the funny thing that happened to us this week. Stay tuned for next week.
I love you all! I hope you're doing good. I'm doing just fine. :] I will write you again next Monday. LOVE YOU!! Keep us in your prayers, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment