Wednesday, May 30, 2012

hola. good news and sad news Monday May 21, 2012

 Monday, May 21, 2012 11:13 AM
Hi family! We had an... interesting week last week. I'll go through it sequentially. Let's start on Monday
We had a dinner with the Callens and taught Cassi her last lesson - the Commandments. she will be getting baptized this week! In kingwood :] where my heart lives. I love Kingwood 2. That was pretty much it. For pday we had zone pday combined with the spanish zone. We went to the world's coolest park. It's in pasadena. We just did random stuff. A water balloon fight was part of it! OUR IDEA!!! It was really fun. It's getting HOTTER than blazes out here :[ AHH!!
Tuesday was a terrible day. We didn't do very much except have dinner with a less active family. The Agnarssons. She is the sweetest lady alive. She told us we can do our laundry at her house!! SCORE! No more 5 dollars a week in quarters which I always forget. Tuesday sister Erickson and I talked a lot though. We figured some stuff out and I think we're more comfortable with eachother now.
Wednesday was our final choir practice in Broadway. It was good. Then we met with Robert to get him all ready for baptism, then we met with Jonathan (please do pray for him. I want him to know this is the truth. Or at least believe it. Right now he's at the stage of "hope") then we had dinner with Sister Schaffer, a less active woman who is raising her GREAT grandchildren. ha! I feel so bad for her.
Thursday we had lunch with Morris Bryant, then we had the interview with Robert for his baptism. Then we had a lesson with Cassi, then we had a lesson with this couple living in our apartment complex - heather and clint. They need the gospel so much but there's always something in the way of us ACTUALLY teaching a lesson. We always end up sharing a simple message and praying. LAME.
Friday we had another awesome district meeting (i ADORE this district. SO much. I always leave feeling like I want to work harder. Which has NOT always been the case in district meetings gone by.) Then we had lunch with Lauro and Maria at the chinese buffet (I don't love chinese buffets, i've learned. there was a semi decent one in porter, buttttt all other ones I've been too are not so great. the best tasting thing I had there was the tapioca pudding. yep.) and then we met with Robert to just get him squared away for baptism. He was so excited. We taught heather and clint and then had dinner with the Ruiz family in our ward.
Then comes the big bang. The elders got a flush call :[ AND they are not putting elders back in this ward. Yeah. Sooo... our fantastic ward that has so many many challenges? Yes that is now ALL ours. And we are overwhelmed to say the least. And we are heartbroken. I just LOVE Elder Brown and Elder Sylvester. I honestly do. Elder Brown is like a big brother and he looks after us and loves us. And Sylvester is like a little brother. He is the teasy one who makes things fun. And now we are in boon town. Alone alone, totally alone. And we are really sad. I cried :[ I don't think I've cried over transfers for a while. And Lundgren is going home. MOM! I told her to call yall, and I gave her your phone number so expect a call from her telling you what time and where her farewell is. If it is at all possible, I would love for yall to go. She is such an angel, honestly. I am going to miss her. She took care of me as well. I guess a theme for my life right now is annyone who took care of me is now getting stripped away. Heroes journey style. haha.
So we were sad on Saturday. We went with the Elders to meet their recent converts better and their investigators. And I am so overwhlemd. There is this one apartment of college kids they've been teaching and it seems so odd and bizarre and I am going to feel overwhelmed by that. Saturday evening was Robert Barnes' baptism and it was really great. I sang again :] The Elders got it on tape. Man I'm gonna miss them!! (Recall how this SAME thing happened to me in Kingwood 2. Why is that???). Then we had FHE with Angie, the elders recent convert. We went to meet with her and they told her they were leaving and she started crying. HOLY MOLY. I feel like I can't live up to these elders. they're good. They are so loving. That is kind of what we lack. I pray and pray and pray for charity, but I don't feel like other people feel it from me. I don't know what to do. What should I do? Any advice? Please have some, thank you.
Sunday, yesterday was the choir fireside in spanish. Lundgren cried the whole time. That is the last time I'll see her before December :[ SO SO SO SAD. But it was a good fireside. I love spanish. I can't wait to learn it. I've also decided to learn how to paint (Jenna Douglass you wanna teach me?? Thanks for your letter by the way!! I am writing you back!)
Basically, family, I am just really sad. This is why. I love these Elders, they are like brothers to me when mine are so far away. And we are going to be alone and it's going to be so different. And much less fun. And sometimes sister erickson and I get tense and then we see the Elders and things just poof evaporate. And that's not going to happen. But the Lord will take care of us. I really know that. It just makes me sad when people go away, especially people I have truly come to love. Elder Brown is going to go see Grandma Hicken when he gets home though, I guess haha. He is awesome. We can adopt him. Yall will like him a lot. There's this song (on the only CD that's not Mo TAb we can listen to) and it says "I know our Father's watching over this world. He will help me find my way." And I believe that. He will help us. He will not forsake us. But I am just sad.
Sorry this e-mail isn't long and isn't very upbeat like my last ones. I'm going to be fine. I'm just wayyyy overwhelmed with everything we have to do and that we have to do it by ourselves. I will be fine. We will be fine. We will learn a lot. Maybe i'm being prepared for woodville. Sister Cochran is staying in Baytown so we'll be okay.
Mom, thanks for your e-mail today! If I ever send a tape again, I will include the "my twin" bit. I'm excited to get your letter!! Tell me about your day to day stuff!
Dad, how was stake conference?? I hope you got my letter but something makes me think you didn't. So sorry if you didn't! It will find it's way their soon. How are you?
James, you are awesome. Can I just tell you that your letter was so needed and necessary this week. I needed it!!!! I know that God blesses us through other people and you were a blessing to me this week. Thank you! It sounds like everything is going good! That makes me just pleased as punch:] I hope summer school works out for you. What is institute like at the U?
Jonny! YOU GRADUATE IN 5 sECONDS! crazy! Are you excited? Find out the last name of "phil" and I will find out who is training him! Is he english or spanish? find these things out, mmkay? Is he a good guy?
Family, I love you. Here's a lot of pictures since my e-mail is lacking. I just don't feel super well today.
LOVE YOU SO!!
  • from our car to our door we were totally and completely soaked. texas rain is NUTS!
  • our elders getting ready for the baptism. :]
  • us and Robert Barnes
  • the last of lunch at the church
  • sister ruiz wanted a picture of the elders. hoooooly gosh i love them and i'm going to miss them
  • generations (plus cochran. she's adopted) at the fireside last nght.
  • holy gross i am laughing. but it's the best generation picture i've got of us.
  • me and my mamacita! lundy!!
oh! and mom. sister crawford has asked me to ask you this 900 times. and i'm sorry i have to. but she wanted to know if you could send me more fish oil and vitamins that you found. my hair is doing funky stuff again. falling out and this time it's ripping too. it's gross. i am coming home from texas disgusting. also have you found my retainer yet? sorry to be so needy :] love you!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment