Monday, February 13, 2012

February 6, 2012 hola!

Hi! How are things? Things here are phenominal! Let me tell you about all the miracles that are going down in Porter, Texas.
First of all, Crystal is getting baptized next weekend, the 18th. We had dinner with them last night and we love them really so much! When yall come back to Texas with me, you will have to meet them. I will be so excited for you to meet SOOO many people in Kingwood, Porter, and New Caney. I know I have complained in the past about still being in K2. But, I really love it. I wouldn't have gotten to know and LOVE and ADORE this ward and these people if I had left before. I love this ward. I feel like I belong here. If I get married and my husband has to work in Houston we will live in K2. :] I also feel blessed to have been able to stay and see these miracles and these successes. This is so cool!
Also, Deborah is doing great. She is still reading and praying and Doyle is helping her. He is getting anti-ed -STILL! Ugh, it is so annoying! Satan is just so annoying. I want to punch him. Deborah is wonderful though. She really enjoys church and she says that this church is fulfilling what she wants and needs. She really looks forward to being baptized the end of this month.
Then the Cassidy's! We went to talk to them on Tuesday and did a L1 and it went sooo well! The Spirit's presence was so strong while we taught it. We asked them to be baptized February 25. They accepted. They have the cutest kids in the world. We went back on Friday to teach the plan of salvation and I don't know WHAT it was, but I just felt so confused and scattered and not in line with the Spirit. Good thing we brought Brother Bowers with us, because he shared some stories that have shaped his belief and knowledge of the plan of salvation and it was GOLD! I really love Brother Bowers he is so great. He is a wonderful Ward Mission Leader - that makes such a difference. We also don't go to all PEC meetings anymore, which is great because Brother Bowers can be in charge and be our advocate in there and then we go one time a month only to Ward Council. Things are just turning out so great in this area. Anyway he really brought the spirit there. They really liked church yesterday, they were paying close attention and brought their Book of Mormons and took all the handouts. So great. There are some family members who are being gemstones - they called them and said "Please stay away from the mormon church - that's the devil!" wonderful, right? Thes family members go to a church that really doesn't like us, though. The one time I've been yelled at by an old man, he was of this particular faith and so it's to be expected a little bit. The Cassidy's are doing well though. Please pray for them as they continue to work toward their goals. We already love them.
This coming week is gonna be GREAT! Sister Baldwin's birthday is tomorrow so we are going to celebrate all day by seeing people that we love... people we love turn out to be just who we should see anyway so badabing there you go. Then we have choir practice on Wednesday - yours truly is singing the Come Thou Fount Solo! AH! I just want the people to be able to feel the spirit so please pray for me that I'll be able to deliver it. It's the first song and there are going to be SO many people there. It's gonna be great! I wish you could hear the music - it's so powerful. I hope at some point we get a recording of these arrangements casue they are beautiful beautiful beautiful! The last song we do is I Know That My Redeemer Lives and it is WAY cool. Way Powerful. Just imagine 50-60 of these awesome, dedicated elders who sing with conviction that they know that their Redeeemer lives. It is something!
Mom, thanks for the PACKAGE!! I LOVEDDDD IT! We already made one of the valentines and gave it to sister Jarboe. They are so cute!! And the shirts?? So cute. Happy Valentine's day to your nun-of-a-daughter :] Also for your letter I LOVED it. I just love hearing about your week. Dad said bhs's fundraiser went amazing and that with you in charge that was to be expected. Which I totally agree with. Tell me about it! Was it fun or just stressy all night? How is work going? How is Rebecca Tingey doing since being home? It has been almost a year can you believe that?? I can't. I guess we still have 3 months until it has been a year. But that is still a while. How is the ward? How is everyone? Did Grandma get my letter? I hope so.
Dad, thanks for your e-mail! I'm glad to hear that my brothers are doing so well. Jonny is famous dave, on the news! So cool!! How is work going? Do yall have any cool stake events going on? How are the missionaries in our area? Do you ever see or talk to them? I love when you write me and tell me how life is at home. Thank you for your e-mails!!
James, how are things? How is school? How are those fun fun accounting classes going? :] Are yall doing EQ basketball? Is that fun? Apparently Brit is dating your friend Brad? Do you hang out?? Haha too weird. What is your ward like? Do you love it? How is everything else? Please tell me!! I bet you will get a raise if you write me:]
Jonny! Baskteball Jones! WHAT UP? I am so so proud of you! I heard you were on tv, so famous. Do you think, with all of your press appearances and events and signings, you could write your old sister a letter? I bet you could. How are you enjoying all of this? Are yall gonna win state? I never told you, Mom sent me your talk. Good job. Your talk made me the most proud of you of all.
P.S. When I get home I am learning to sew and learning to paint. Just so you know. :]
Family, I just love being here. I love being a missionary. There are times and moments and hours that I do not love it. Let's be honest, right? Sometimes I just want to sit down and do nothing and have no one to answer to... but that is never true of a missionary is it? And that's okay. It's never true really of any of us is it? We always have someone to answer to. I have been accounting to the Lord in my prayers every night over my day and it is really wonderful. I highly highly recommend. I'm so grateful to be able to do this. Me and Sister baldwin are getting along just fine. We are having fun. We are doing good things. We are teaching well. We are improving. I love this mission. THIS is where I was meant to be because the Lord knew who I would love the most. I love these people and I love the other missionaries. I really love them.... which is good because who knows if I will have any other friends that are unmarried by the time I get home, right? Friends? Are you out there? Are you married? What is up?? sOme of yall write me and you get a gold star. the rest of yall - just nike my friends, just do it! I will write you back mmkay?
I know our Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I know He does, I have seen it. If we do not see the answer it is because we are not yet meant to see it. When the timing is perfect, the Lord will open the floodgates and we will understand how He has been blessing us all along. Pray to Him! He cannot help you unless you ask Him to! Or, I guess, He cannot help you AS WELL unless you ask Him to. I love you! Have a good week! CTR por favor!
Love, Sister Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment