Friday, December 9, 2011

Well...

Yes, Siree, I am still here. In Porter. I really almost died when I learned that haha. Before I tell you about my week, I want to tell you all the wonderful amazing things I learned from Sister Cochran.
1. Just keep going. Just do the things that are weird or hard or awkward. Just do it. Because it's got to get done anyway, so you might as well just suck it up and do it before you have time to stress over it.
2. to LAUGH. Oh my gosh I am going to miss her so much because she laughs all the time. And sometimes I forget to have fun. haha I'm such a scrooge stress basket sometimes and she is so happy and loves to laugh. She told me once that is becuase she loves to laugh that she will always find ways to laugh. She's great. I miss her so much.
3. That I don't have to be in control of everything. This is something I learned while she was my companion and she helped me becuase when I let go a little bit, things still got done. And If they didn't we would ask for forgiveness and then try harder. But I need to not be in control of every little thing. I can't be and it will just stress me right out. So I'm still working on it. Having a new companion and leading the area does not really help me let go of control haha.
Those are just a few of the things. They are the most important to me. And Oh, my gosh. I love her. She's in Lake Charles Louisianna, and I'm happy for her! She lives next door to Elder Olsen who was like my BEST amigo and so I am so jealous. Like SOO jealous. But I will get over it. I hope. I just hate when my friends have a party and I don't get to go, you know what I mean?
However, I am grateful that Sister Baldwin is my companion. I have heard that she is just an excellent teacher and I am so excited to learn with her. Last night we taught two lessons and they were both really great. We work well as companions already. I'm excited for the good we'll be able to do here. I just hope this is my last transfer here because otherwise I will spend half of my mission in Kingwood. YIKES. I love the area but sometimes I just need a little something new.
The past week was really great. The weekend was taken up by our Stake's community Nativity program. It was awesome. You walk into the cultural hall and there are like 25 real christmas trees lining the walls. It smells like a dream boat. And then there are hundreds of nativities all over. I took pictures. Mom, you would DIE. You may have to come see it next year. Just don't tell me that you're here because I think i'll still be a missionary when they have the nativity. You really seriously would love it. The assistants were not pleased because we weren't allowed to proselte and there were at least 2 sets of missionaries there the whole time. We went to dinner with them and they were not pleased haha. But it was good we worked the photo room and so a lot of non members saw us and saw that this was our church. They will never be able to say the mormons don't believe in christ after being there. We had a really good time.
DOYLE CAME TO CHURCH SUNDAY!!! OH MY GOSH! For all 3 hours. I loved it!! And he loved it. He watched the Christmas devotional at home and we are going to meet with him tonight. We are going to talk about faith and the faith required to quit smoking. He needs to quit. Everything else looks like smooth sailing. I think tonight we'll go over the baptismal interview questions too.
Last night we also went to see Brother Pudil. His wife passed away last transfer and he's pretty lonely. We talked to him about christmas and the spirit was very present. I even got teary! Me. Crazy. We were talking about the true meaning of Christmas and I talked about my second favorite part of "O Holy Night" when it says "A thrill of hope! the weary world rejoices." I love that love that love that LOVE that. Because that is what the Savior is to us and was then. He came as a thrill of hope. Don't you just love that?? Who wrote this song?? I wish with all my heart we didn't have to stick to MoTab. I would love to listen to O Holy Night.
We went finding for like 2.5 hours on Saturday. It was great because we were in Porter. I love Porter. Kingwood still stresses me out, but I love Porter.
What else happened this week? We are going to start working with a lot of Part Member families. Awesome. I'm way excited. And San Jac lives in the K2 apartments so we will see Elders occasionally, I hope.
Mom, we got your christmas packages and we've been doing them and oh my gosh you are awesome. Seriously, you are going to be legendary in this mission because you are the BEST. We are loving the tender mercy thing, and sister baldwin is really excited for it. And the charm bracelette countdown is awesome. Today's made me cry. It was the one about the feather and the eagle. I just really needed to read that this morning. And it's true, that the Lord does that. He just kind of drops us becuase He knows were going to be okay, but he is never absent. He is always going to fix his eyes on us and at the slightest dip, I'm sure He dips too and rescues us. That's pretty cool. The Lord is, I don't want this to sound irreverant, but the Lord is really cool. And it's really cool that I'm learning these incredible things here. Anyway, thank you thank you thank you. You continually save my life haha!!
Dad, thank you for your letter too. Aren't we all suprised that I'm still here?? What's up with that? I'm glad to hear about work going well. You still need to tell me what it is that you do exactly. What is our stake doing for next year?? I want to hear all about it. Can you believe I'll be home at the end of next year? I can't. It seems so fast, and at the same time it seems like FOR. EV.VER. What fun things are you doing recently or soon??
Jamesy! What up? It has now offically been a whole transfer with no word from you. Por favor?? How is school and finals? How is church and everything? What should I do for Christmas season as a missionary? What were your favorite things to do? Also, I have a question. How do you, like... have FUN on a mission? I think you'll understand what I mean. How did you have FUN? Tell me all the ways. And how I can do them. I love the Elders and have fun with them but I feel like, since I'm a sister, I'm suuuper annoying sometimes? And I just can't seem to relax enough to have fun haha. Except with Sister Cochran I did so.. Yo no se. Tell me your thoughts on the situation.
Jonny. I don't know if I should give up on YOU writing me. Pretty sure it's been 4 months. Laaaame. You have stuff to tell me. Tell me about Senior year and basketball and mission prep class! who is teaching it? Do you like it? What do you do? I think about you sometimes and how you're going to be a missionary like these Elders that I love. And I wonder who you will be like here. I was thinking about you tracting or teaching a lesson and it was too weird, too bizarre I couldn't think about it. But I'm POSITIVE you are going to be the best missionary your mission has ever seen. So cool. I hope you go English speaking with all my heart.
Well, family. I love you. Keep the letters coming. I'm gonna need them. All is well, but i'm gonna need them. You are the best family in the world and I can't believe that I get to talk to you in 19 days!!!! NINETEEN DAYS!!!! They are going to go by so fast I bet. And after that I only talk to yall one more time and then I'm DONE-ZO! And I'm home. Weird. You are so great. Get ready for Christmas!! We've been challenging everyone to look for small ways to lift others and spread the Christmas spirit. Do you know how helpful it is to just ask your cashier how their day is going?? Even if they're rude (which 99% of the time they aren't) I know it lifts them that someone cares how their day is going. I can't believe I never did that before my mission. Will you guys do that? Look for little ways to lift other people this week? You will have a better week if you do, I promise.
I LOVE YOU. HAVE A GOOD WEEK AND WRITE TO ME!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment