Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jillian's first email home!!!!

Flag this messageOn a scale of 1 to 10 how much i hate the mtc...Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ZERO. Ha. Scared ya. I like it.


Anyone else feel like I've been gone for one thousand years? It hasn't even been one week yet. Sheesh. It's good though.

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the letters, dearelders, and prayers. I adore getting mail- you have no idea how much! I have gotten so much mail and support from everyone. I truly feel so humble and grateful and like I could never deserve how much love you guys give me. So thank you. All of those words seem lame compared to how grateful I am.

Mom, you asked who I've seen, and let me tell you it's a LONG list. Another way I've been SO blessed. I have seen Clara Toronto (tell her mom she is doing great and I love seeing her). Whitney Nelson from high school, Steph Osborn from London (I pretty much ahve a heart attack every time I see her because she's from London). Jane Packard who is Brianna's good friend and roommate, Bryant Regehr from high school, Mack who is Sam and Jenna's good friend, the boy I fell in love with at work is a teacher here in my building, so that is just... a treasure. I also have seen the Oswalds and it was SO good to see them! I saw the Robinson's last night and I abou died! Elder Robinson gave me a hug from you guys. Three actually haha. I was so happy to see them. I have seen a girl from my Creative Writing class last semester (WHO IS GOING TO ROSEVILLE JAMES!) A kid from my English class last semester, and a bunch of Randos from BYU like the Elder Facer who is going to my mission and I took his deferment form at Student Services. Needless to say, I have been beyond blessed to see them. The first couple days were rough, so it was like a lightening bolt whenever I saw someone I know - so happy..

Let me give you a play by play of the first 5.5 days of the MTC. Wednesday, I was pretty okay after you left, I just walked around and then I went to class and it started to get a little bit more painful. Wednesday night was bad. I felt sad, except for when we taught as a big group of like 40 missionaries. It was a workshop of a guy named Carlo and I felt so excited and happy. Then I went downhill again, and when we went to our room Sister Hawke (one of the Branch Presidency wives) came and told us she had a hug from our mom's for us. That made me cry haha. But, right before I went to sleep I felt such incredible peace and I feel to sleep like a rock and immediately and had one of the best night's of sleep I've ever had. I felt your prayers and I felt calm. It was so cool!

Thursday.... oh Thursday. Let's just say it began with a visit to the Health Clinic and culminated with a bang when I threw up in the bushes. Yeah. Not a good day. But I guess I got all of my awful in the first couple days.

Friday was like the LONGEST DAY EVER. Sixteen hour days feel like a thousand hours long. Our teachers are Brother Depperman (who served in London, go figure) and Brother Lisonbee. They are such effective teachers and I really like class! Maybe I will be an MTC teacher when I get back? We'll see.

Saturday was super weird because it wasn't a Saturday. It was just like the other days. Every day we're in class for ever and I look outside and expect to see that it's dark and its 3 in the afternoon and bright. It's bizarre.

Sunday was perfect. I loved Sunday. We had a mission conference and then at night Elder Wayne S. Peterson came and talked to us. He talked about Nauvoo. It was cool President Hinckley was super invested in Nauvoo, more than I had realized. We sang "Called to Serve" and I was so energized. I love singing because we don't get music other than that. It makes such a difference when we sing.

Yesterday was the blink of an eye. So fast. We taught two times, Our investigator John (who is really our teacher) and Jose in the TRC.

Ah! there is so much I want to write you but I am running out of time! I want to tell you about my District before I have to go thogu so I'll do it fast. It's me and Sister Cochrin (who is an absolute angel. I am so lucky to have such a great companero). Sister Hurren and Sister Baldwin. And the Elders. Oh, the elders. I love them. We have Elder Bagley (the first words I heard from him were how his father was sending him a coin purse made from the scrotum of a bull. nice. haha) and Elder Dixon - who is 23 so a little older. Then we have a trio of Elder Curtis (the DL) and Elder Curtis (with classes) and Elder Leishman ( a fellow ginger). Then we have Elder Meng who reminds me so much of JAMES. I loved him from the beginning for that and elder Piena. And then we've got Elder Beohmer and Elder Cox (Cox was added to our district later becuse his mission was changed to T.H.E. from Zimbabwe), And Elder... I forget. I 'll write you a letter. I have have 57 seconds left.

Before I go, just know that I'm okay. And I'm good. and I feel happy and energized to do this. I will wrte you all a letter and all the people who wrote me this week as well, cause I've had a lot and I'm so gratful. I'm about to get kicked off lvoe you./

No comments:

Post a Comment